Tips For Cleaning Rugs
Rug cleaning is critical not just for the look of your room rug but also will be an essential aspect in the longevity of your rug. If you own an expensive oriental, Persian or antique rug, then rug cleaning Adelaide once in a while is probably unavoidable. However, if you still think that rug cleaning is okay with your rug once in a while, then think again.
As much as we love our area rugs and want to maintain them in top shape, they can become the cause of a headache if you are not familiar with how to take care of them. For example, you may not even realize that your rug has accumulated dust particles even though you vacuum regularly. When someone vacuums your house, all the dust that wanders around can get on your rug because it is a living thing. If it’s not taken care of properly, then the dust can become embedded into the fibres. This will eventually make it impossible for you to enjoy a nice, clean rug look. Here are some care instructions for your Oriental or Persian area rug that you can use.
– If you own a wool area rug and you often spill coffee on it or if it gets filthy, then you should invest in a rug cleaning Adelaide machine. A good one will clean your rug with water and detergent without any chemicals whatsoever. Soap or liquid detergents shouldn’t go down the drain since they can harm both the environment and people. So when you get out of the shower, use a good quality vacuum cleaner to take off the soiled portion of the rug before drying it in the sun. You can clean your braided rugs made of wool in this manner, too.
– Braided rugs often get pretty dirty. When you do your weekly vacuuming of this type of Oriental rug or any other type of braided rug for that matter, then you should make sure that you do the cleaning on a delicate level. You shouldn’t over-drain the fibres, which will cause them to get damaged. You don’t want to ruin your oriental rugs, but you want to keep them looking as good as possible.
– Use a vacuum cleaner that has a beater bar. The beater bar helps you to pull out embedded dirt without damaging the fibres of the rug. Just be sure to use the right vacuum cleaner for the job. For example, an upright vacuum cleaner might be too powerful for very delicate oriental rugs, or a stair-stepper might not be strong enough for delicate carpeting.
– Even though you might be doing your weekly area rug cleaning on an oriental rug with area rugs, you should still be careful. Over-saturated area rugs can quickly stain and fade. If you use an area rug in your child’s bedroom, you should know that a child’s delicate skin can be easily damaged if you use the wrong vacuum cleaner or rug pad on an over-saturated area rug.
– Do not try to clean a jute pile with any equipment unless you know exactly what you’re doing. Jute is such a delicate fibre that it can quickly become damaged by any misuse. It is also very likely that you will damage the rug even when you follow the correct cleaning procedures. Anytime you find that your jute pile has become dirty, you should attempt to rent a machine or, if possible, buy a jute pile sweeper to make it easier for you to take care of the problem. This will also help protect your investment.
– Many people choose to use a clothesline to take care of their rugs. If you’re one of these people, be sure to keep your clothesline as far away from your jute pile as possible. You don’t want to have any of the suds from your clothesline land on your rug or your jute and cause damage.